We had a lot of snow this winter and wanted to make sure that our flying friends weren't stuck for a bite to eat. So we decided to make some little snacks for them as we had some lard leftover from baking and plenty of healthy bird seeds. If you'd like to try it out youself check out the instructions below.
healthy bird seeds
lard or coconut oil (ratio: 1 part lard, 2 parts dry mixture)
A wooden spoon
silicon muffin tray
1) Melt the lard in the saucepan
2) Prepare the twine (we kept in mind that we intended to hang the bird snacks from the tree branches later)
3) Add the bird seeds to the melted lard
4) Stir well until the fat has been absorbed
5) Fill the muffin moulds with the bird-seed-lard mixture (make sure the twine loops are in the moulds before you start filling them)
6) After a night in the fridge take the bird snacks out of the moulds.
All credits: Katharina & Benjamin Geissler-Evans (heiter magazine)
Copyright: heiter magazine