A few days ago I posted a photo of my favourite pear cake on Instagram and I was asked to share the recipe. It is a very easy one, if somewhat unusual (one the main ingredients is olive oil, something I hadn’t used for baking before). Anyway, have a look, give it a go yourself and let me know what you think.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
• 170g whole-wheat flour
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• ⅓ tsp. ground cardamom
• ¼ tsp. salt
• 2 eggs
• 125ml extra virgin olive oil
• 180g natural yoghurt
• 125ml honey
• 1 pear, cored, unpeeled, cut into 8 slices
HOW TO DO IT
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (375F)
2. Grease a round 20cm (8 inch) cake tin with butter or olive oil.
3. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom.
4. In seperate bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy. Add the oil, honey and yoghurt & mix well.
5. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir a couple of times, do not mix well at this stage.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin, arrange pear slices on top and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm or cool with a little bit of honey on top and yoghurt on the side. Enjoy!
I would love to see how your cake turned out so if you feel like sharing, then take a pic, post it on Instagram and use #heiterrecipes.